Monday, March 08, 2010

Oscar Night 2010

I love the Oscars. The stars know they have to "bring it" on this night and some did not disappoint.

The Winners:

I loved Demi Moore, she always manages to look magnificent, who cares if she's had plastic surgery, the girl looks GREAT!


I am such a fan of Helen Mirren, even before her bodacious bod was on display in her bikini, she seems so comfortable in her own skin.


The same goes for Meryl Streep, she sometimes favors comfort over fashion but I thought she looked grand last night.


Carey Mulligan

I love her gamine look and her Prada dress had miniature cutlery sewn onto it. Very quirky, young and fun without going overboard.

Cameron Diaz looking like a bonafide movie star. Bravo!


Elizabeth Banks in Versace


Vera Farmiga

A lot going on but it says "Go bold or go home!"

Rachel McAdams - Loved the print and fluidity of this Elia Saab gown.


Paula Patton

Looking AWESOME for seven months pregnant

Honorable Mentions:


Gabourey Sidibe in Marchesa


Anika Noni Rose - Loved the dress, not the hair

And the Trying Too Hard award goes to.... Jennifer Lopez. Ever since she has turned 40, it seems that J-Lo has oozed puddles of desperation screaming, "I am still muy caliente! Look at me!" Yes, Jenny, we are looking at you, but NOT in the way that you think.



The Fails:

Sarah Jessica Parker - My high hopes once again dashed.

Even more distracting than her shapeless Chanel Couture dress was why her hair was so ratty in the front.

Zoe Saldana

I love Zoe and her style game is normally a little off the beaten path, but I did not like her gown at all, the colors were pretty but the bottom looked like cheap pouf balls were sewn onto it.

Charlize Theron: Rosettes on the boobs? I expected better....


Mariah Carey

yuck. When will Mimi hire a stylist?


Diane Kruger in Chanel

The Washouts:

When will you pale ladies learn that certain flesh colored gowns make you look deathly ill?


Amanda Seyfried


Anna Kendricks from Up in the Air

The "Ehs":


Tina Fey


Nicole Richie


Sandra Bullock - Sue me, I said it, she just looked okay to me. I like her and teared up at her acceptance speech but this look did nothing for me.

2 comments:

Gina - banafrit said...

LOVE your list! I did like Sandra's dress, but
the color didn't stand out on her. Thanks for sharing!!!

four eighty two said...

So on point with your list! Rachel McAdams, Demi Moore, and Elizabeth Banks was definantly best dressed in my book! Im so over Mariah "I cant seem to find some taste and a stylist" Carey. Anyway, I love your blog and thanks for the hair tips.

btw Im the purse girl from the Creativations expo.... :)

find all of my ramblings at foureightytwo.blogspot.com

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin