Thursday, February 21, 2013

Personal Anthem

Sometimes I think of the day that I've had and give it a song to describe my day. Or whatever I listen to on my way to work might be my theme song for the day.

Today's song would have been "Mr. Telephone Man" by New Edition cuz I'm waiting for a phone call....
Some of yall may be too young to remember Ally McBeal, it was a quirky offbeat show about a chick at a law office. Well, on one epsiode they talked about having your own personal theme song, a song that would play in your head when you walked into a room that would make you feel better. One of the characters, who was normally quiet would hear Barry White in his head whenever he needed some courage.


I don't know if I could choose just one personal theme song, I would need a different song for different parts of my life.
Jacket: Thrifted and Gifted by Reiko
Shirt: Thrifted
Pants: Anthropologie
Boots: Franco Sarto
Clutch (Seen below): DSW

For work, my theme song would be "Create in Me a Clean Heart" cuz I needs that for many reasons. #LawdKnowsITry #PeopleBeTryingMe

My love life would reflect several songs. From "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2 to "Un-Break My Heart" by Toni Braxton. And my number one favorite, India Arie's "He Heals Me." Whenever I want a reminder of what I want in a partner, I listen to that song. It's so touching it brings me to tears. And for a few exes, cue Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together." (I was going to say "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves" by Cher but I thought that might be too harsh.) #ButTrue #Pow
But if I had to choose a song today it would be "Lovely Day" by Bill Withers. I always feel better when I hear that song.
"Then I look at you,
And the world's alright with me.
Just one look at you,
And I know it's gonna be
A lovely daaaaaayyyyyy!!"
 I will envision Bill singing that to me as I strut my stuff into work tomorrow....

So, do tell, what is your personal anthem?

4 comments:

Dawnya said...

Radio by Lyfe Jennings. That song gets me going everytime.

"But when my song comes on the radio, i forget all my troubles
and for one moment I'm not there at all No matter where in my life I am that's my jam"

Because it is so accurate. Music moves me in ways that I can't even begin to explain.

YoyosFashions said...

Yes I love this look! You look fabulous! I want that jacket omg its cute!!

7eventh Letter said...

Ha! Love this idea!!!! I'm plugged in to Beyonce today while at work so, I don't know what my song of the day would be today LOL!!

I love the two types of plaid and how you mixed them together!!! very Cute!!!

7eventh Letter
www.whatsmoreimportantthanfashion.com

Sing of Singature Style said...

I'm liking that blazer and the wide leg jeans, so very cute.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin