Thursday, May 09, 2013

The Good Life


A big shoutout to my homie, my ace, God's Favorite Shoes on the arrival of her precious little one,
Zara Kye!
So happy for my Sister from Another Mister and my Brother From Another Mother!
You can see photos of her little one on her God's Favorite Shoes Facebook page.

I have been tested this week (it started last week) with people saying (on my blog) and doing unkind things (at work) and I was aggravated by it. 


But I choose not to focus on that. People are going to say and do things to try and hurt you and bring you down but I choose to focus instead on those who wish me well and want me to prosper. When your intentions are good, you don't have to defend that.


But that doesn't mean that I am going to let people get away with trying it. I will not allow somone to disrespect me and then be a coward about it. If I have an issue with you I will come and talk to you about it. But now I'll check you in a nice way. Minus (most) of the curse words. #ImDifferentIToldYall

I am not going to allow other people's unhappiness with themselves and their lives permeate my space.
  
"Simply put, you believe that things or people make you unhappy, but this is not accurate. You make yourself unhappy." ~Wayne Dyer


I was listening to Kanye West this morning and I thought the lyrics to "The Good Life" were appropriate.

"I go for mine, I got to shine
Now throw your hands up in the sky"
Dress: Vintage (Bought from a trunk show)
Earrings: Aldo
Bag: Prada
Shoes: Steven by Steve Madden


"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey

Hey, I'm good!"

I am.

8 comments:

Sing of Singature Style said...

I am loving that dress!

High Heels & Good Meals! said...

I absolutely LOVE this dress! Congrats to the new edition to the family!

Ticka said...

I know folks ain't over here acting up on your blog!! Gurl, you had me going back and looking at your previous posts and comments!! lol!

I listen to Good Life all the time. Me and my son sing it occasionally when we're on our way to his bus stop. His favorite line is... "Now my grandma-ma ain't the only girl callin me babaaayyyyy" ;)

I kind of love that dress on you! Keep shining!! You got this.

FabEllis said...

You tell them! You look fabulous. Love this dress on you!

digal704 said...

I love your blog and your style! Glad you are focusing on the positive!

Simplybee said...

gurllll luvin that dress! just say the word J & I'll come through and set it off up in their!!im bout that life!
JK...keep shining star!

Unknown said...

Love this look, super cute!!

Yaay for Reiko and her husband!!!


If we allowed the things people say about us to really get to us we would be in worse shape than the people saying the ugly, hateful things. They have problems within themselves and it's manifested by lashing out at others. Over look them and if they didn't secretly like you or even maybe want to be you they wouldn't come to your blog (or hate on the job)!! Tell them all to "KICK BOULDERS WITH OPEN TOED SHOES!!




Carsedra of:
http://www.embracingtherealme.com/
http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

hey you look great. You are a strong sister with a fabulous style. Just keep been you and remember for every one hating, you have ten others loving you. So just do you and keep been the awesome person you are. Love.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin