Thursday, January 23, 2014

Up

First, can we talk about this sweatshirt? 

I follow @theessenceof on Instagram and about flipped out when I saw this sweatshirt from her friend and designer, @tuttielu on there. I promptly emailed her and became the proud owner of one! (P.S. follow me on Instagram @fashionnettework) Another blogger and virtual friend, Yolanda of Yoyo's Fashions purchased one too and sent me pics of how she styled hers and I thought I would showcase hers as well.
Yolanda's Way:
Love the graphic skirt with the sweatshirt. Check out her blog, Yoyo's Fashions here
 And here's my way:
  
I have met two readers of my blog recently (hey y'all!) and I always get sorta embarrassed. I wonder if they think that I look the same in person as I do on the blog, I hope that I don't come across as a dork, and I'm secretly wondering if we can take a picture together but I never ask! To Elaine, text me so we can go thrifting and to the girl at the gym (I'm sorry I forgot your name!) I hope I see you today, I really did like your Wu-Tang shirt and thank y'all so much for reading.   
 I know that on most visits I have a cheery anecdote for y'all or words of encouragement but I am unable to can on that today. I am never sure if I should post when I am not feeling my usual self but I  want y'all to know that I'm human. It is hard in this life at times. I get frustrated. I lose heart.


I sometimes imagine my heart to be this battered and bruised little thing, still beating but maybe not as strong and resilient as before. 
 

  I don't expect anyone to understand my journey, it is mine alone
and sometimes it is best to go through it on your own terms.

Glasses: BonLook
Sweatshirt: Email TuttieRossDesigns@gmail.com for info
Skirt: Joe Fresh
Bag: Zara
Bracelets: Various
Shoes: BCBG

  And no one should judge another person's pain. 
Staying positive, prayerful, and diligent can be a lesson in futility at times. Happens to the best of us. 
Stay up.

12 comments:

Candice said...

Love how you styled this outfit! You are hands down one of my favorite bloggers!

Dawnya said...

One of the main reasons I follow your blog and instagram is because you are real. Not some pseudo celebrity...you are a grown woman living this life one day at a time, with all the ups and downs. You stay humble. I appreciate that.

Keep smiling Queen! This too shall pass!!!

Unknown said...

Yes, keep writing whether you feel on top of the world and if you are feeling low. That's why your readers keep coming back- it's you and it's authentic.

The clouds don't last always, keep pushing.

You look fabulous.

AJ TAYLOR said...

1, love that sweatshirt
2, love how you styled
3, as long as your heart is beating, you can keep moving and it will get better. thank you for sharing

http://myafricancloset.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

That sweatshirt and those shoes are everything!

Angie R.

Anonymous said...

I freaking luv your blog, I soooo look forward to your post:) luv the fit and those shoes are everything!! Blessings to u!!:):)

Unknown said...

You look amazingggg!!! Love the ensemble! And you are so right no one should judge anyone else's pain/experiences.

-Cherrie
CherrieAmore.com

P.S. I emailed you asking if you would be interested in being featured on my blog. I hope that you received it! :)

YoyosFashions said...

Thank you so much!! You are such a doll such a inspriration!! Love your blog. Grown women stuff!! Keep it up please!!

Love, Omora said...

YASSS Hun let's talk about that sweatshirt cause I am lovin it. Love your look!!

Simplybee said...

Juanette you know you my cuzin in my head lol.several folks have said this "we love her blog cuz she is so REAL". Honey you are Gin with no chaser! Its not always going to be easy..being a tad bit older I often wonder if i my heart can take all the sorrow worry stress & hurts I place on it. I just wanna be HAPPY! Is that too much for anyone to ask for DANG! So I feel you. I will keep you in prayer as I too stay diligent & faithful♥remember always even when you think youre not at your best or saying the right words...you are helping someone else!
Ps I want gonna mention but chile you know you stay FLY!!!!

Obat Maag said...

i like your information in on fashion ^__^

Melanie said...

Hey Juanette! Loving that red lip.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin