Monday, August 04, 2008

Don't Be THAT Woman!

Nothing is more pathetic than a woman of advanced years dressing younger than her age. You've seen them, the women shopping with their kids, with the conspicuously torn jeans, skyscraper stilettos, Nicole Ritchie sunglasses and halter tops hanging on for dear life whose faces are Botoxed all to hell. I prefer to grow old gracefully but still be fly so people will exclaim "You're HOW old?" and not "I thought so" because I'm trying too hard NOT to look older.

Here are a few Hollywood offenders:


Fashion doesn't have to have a lot of rules but if you think you're too old for it, you probably are. Keep up with the trends but make sure it fits your lifestyle and body type.

As the esteemed Simon Doonan says in the book Eccentric Glamour, "Say No to Ho"

1 comment:

BESOS LYNN said...

lol! I am a woman of a certain age as Wendy Williams would say. However, I must admit that I struggle with this too. Thankfully, I have good friends and the Mr. who keep me on track. Say no to Ho, is hillarious. great post
besos,lynn

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin