Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Adventures In The A: Part 4 Thrifting Adventures

I know, I know, WHEN will the pics ever stop from Atlanta, huh? Later in the day after chowing down at Gladys Knight Chicken & Waffles, we went thrifting at a couple of spots.



First we hit up the Clothing Warehouse in Little Five Points but that place was higher than Snoop Dogg on April 20th (Someone told me about the significance of that day, that's the only reason I am familiar. I SWEAR!) I was in there for all of ten minutes and I was over it. I don't mind paying more for some vintage items but they were about double what I would normally pay at a similar spot and they didn't have anything that was so unique that I would have forked over that kind of cash.



 
Sooooo......we took a Tasty Adult Beverage break.....
 Do you see Reiko's cousin? He was in high heaven surrounded by all of the ladies. But now that I think about it, probably not because he was our photographer/gopher/chauffeur/tour guide the entire weekend! But he didn't complain once....He's a real charmer but do not, I repeat DO NOT look him the eye, he'll put a spell on you! For real! I mean it! #iwarnedyou

(Cherie of Nappy Rutz, Reiko, Reiko's cousin Messa, me, my sis Kandi, and Antonia of Passions On Top of Passions)



Me, random guys who said they dressed to "fit in" at Little Five Points and a random chick thrown in.


Headed to a "real" thrift spot....

We finally relieved Reiko's cousin from our care while we thrifted and forced persuaded him to go to a nearby strip club where he was sorely disappointed by the "talent" and the abundance of #tigerclaws visible on the, ahem, "ladies."  I think he had a five dollar bill and still came back with change!
 Trying on a kids denim shirt that Reiko found. I didn't get it but I've thought of at least two outfits that I could have put together with this.

 Once he returned, we found Reiko's cousin this fab sports jacket with elbow patches for ten bucks. I thought ten dollars was steep but he snapped it up no problem. After seeing him with it on, it was well worth it!

 Me "fluffing" my sis, as with everything I believe in pushing up the sleeves and popping the collar! Reiko is the believer of belting all things. My sis found some items and made plans to go thrifting the following day. I hope I haven't created a monster!



My ultimate score: A Marc Jacobs dress for FOUR freaking bucks! Whoop whoop!
P.S. Those are the kinds of thrift stores I like, when they don't know or care who Marc Jacobs is, lol.

One last post about Atl and stick a fork in me I'm done! 

14 comments:

Audrey...Miss Moon's Musings said...

Okay, what is a tiger claw?!?! I google'd it to no avail. Please help, so I can sleep tonight! LOL

mrsjarette said...

nice blazer

Juanette said...

@Miss Moon tiger claw = stretch marks
p.s. he stoopid!

Sing of Singature Style said...

Ya'll look good together in that photo (you know who I'm talking about).
And cute dress, awesome deal.

House of Brooke said...

FAB got a nice jacket! sooo worth it and you look fab
Glad you all had a gr8 time.
He came back with change! PRICELESSSS.....

Economy of Style said...

How fun!!!

LA Lynn's said...

O wow... I wish I could have came back to hang out with you all!!!! Looks like soooo much FUN!!!!

Suzanntr said...

Are you moving to the ATL. You and cousin do look good together. ;)

Alemania said...

Hi guys,.
Great read to share and information,.

ChocolateOrchid said...

Please share the thrift store that you ended up finding worthy goods at. Would love to know.

shopnowsavelater said...

WOW designer prices never sounded so good! $4 seriously! I'm loving the entire outfit from the earrings right down to the shoes! xoxo Ty

wow gold said...

Well written ! i have to admit that it's very informative article. This really is another really very amazing and interesting publish. You've provided the publish that's proportional to the interest. Thank you for this publish.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had fun! Yeah Clothing Wearhouse is pretty damn high!

AJ TAYLOR said...

love your earrings!!!

http://myafricancloset.wordpress.com

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin