Ummmm hmmmm....I know what you're thinking. I have on...tennis shoes. Yes maam (or sir) I can rock Chucks or platforms with the best of'em.
I had a wonderful dinner last night with a new friend and we were talking about hair, careers and men (and not necessarily in that order.)
My friend told me that she still believes in love. In monogamy. In finding that man who is right for her. I thought about what she said on my drive home as I was listening to Roberta Flack "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face."
I agree with her.
I've always joked that I am a realist. That people just can't handle my truth.
But I'm really not. I'm a gushy optimist. There. I said it.
Sweater: Old Navy
Men's Shirt: Thrifted
A realist is defined as one who is inclined to literal truth and pragmatism.
I am pragmatic in some regards. But not when it comes to matters of the heart. Pragmatism goes out the window.
Reasons that I know that I'm an optimist:
1. I'm a teacher. That in itself speaks to optimism. Unless of course, you hate it. And the kids will know that you hate what you do and respond accordingly.
2. I always bet on the underdog.
3. I cry at weddings and root for the marriages.
4. I believe that people are inherently good. I've been disappointed by this a time or two but I still believe it.
5. A motivational quote gets me every time.
Birthday Chucks gifted by Reiko
I talked to a male friend who told me that he isn't sure that he wants to be married because he thinks that all women cheat. He doesn't want to run the risk so he would rather not do it all. I felt sad to hear him say that.
I've tried to reassure him that not all women are the same. That not all women bring the drama and try to manipulate people and situations. I hope he listens......
"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson