Wednesday, November 07, 2012

I Be Representing, Representing....

I am still in Mike Jones mode, it's actually lasting a little longer than usual this go round.

So what does that mean for you? A blog post of course!


 (Song title is from Kelly Rowland's new song with Ludacris, I like it!)

  A guy that I met at the gym called. Now before you get too excited let me tell you that he didn't exactly sweep me off my feet. We talked and I started to count how many times my eyes rolled in my head from his conversation skills (or lack thereof.)  

He started off by saying how it was good to see me at the gym because Black women don't normally work out. *Eye roll number one.* He also said that I shouldn't let me sore knee (from my torn acl) keep me out of the gym too long because then I might start to gain weight.

Sir. You can go straight to...nevermind.... 


I disclosed to him that I was a teacher and he preceeded to talk to me about the "educational model of the children"...
Say what now???
I Googled that ish and nothing came up so I know it ain't real, Google knows everything!
Go ahead and insert *eye roll number two* here please.

He then said that he wants to open a restaurant on the same level as Pappadeaux's but he was going to start it off as a lunch counter. And that he's in the entertainment business. That he has a friend who's an orthopedic surgeon and his homeboy is a CFO. He also said that he loves to travel and maybe we could travel to Houston one weekend. So Houston is 'traveling' now??? Ummkay....
*Eye rolls three, four and five* go here.
Turtleneck: Gap
Bracelets: InPink / Forever 21
Pants: Gap Perfect Fit Khakis
Boots: Juicy Couture
I am not trying to beat up on this poor guy, I just felt that he was trying too hard with all of the talk about himself and his friends' occupations. I am impressed by intelligence, wit and lively conversation, not how much money your friend has or your media room. (I am of the opinion that people throw that term around too loosely these days, is it a "media room" or a room with a t.v. in it?) 
I am also really appreciating the dudes that I have never had to eye roll during our first conversation. That says a lot. Can we not meet one another's "representative" and just be ourselves?

14 comments:

Miesha Roshawn said...

Po thang!! Pure foolishness!! I love the pant, very nice look!

Style & Poise said...

Very cute look!

Roni
www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

Cushh said...

you are a black beauty.I like you dress so colorful and your look so cute.

Christmas Party Dresses

Armanda said...

I love the b&w stripes and bright pants. Very cute combination!

And that whole conversation with the gentleman had me cracking up! LOL stop "the educational model of the children...."? --sir, I'm just gonna stop you right there, good day.

Unknown said...

Ha that is too funny, some men (people), LOL!!!



Very cute outfit, I really like the red slacks!!



Carsedra of:

http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

sun-kissed said...

Love the 'fit as usual!

High Heels & Good Meals! said...

Love this look and love those braids!

theurbanemaven said...

Those pants are gorgeous! Going to gap.com now for the turtleneck.

TOO GOLDEN said...

Love your commentary and your style!

Unknown said...

Love those slacks fab look

Simplybee said...

Hmm....he sound like a Fool.com. LOL
luv the look especially them red pants!

Unknown said...

Omg, busting a gut at my desk!!! Only you can rock a striped turtleneck....

Unknown said...

lmoooooooo, reminds me of a conversation a friend of mine had with a guy. If you have to drop names and accomplishment of other people in your life, it means yours is seriously lacking. I find it amusing how he insulted you and most black women then proceeded to give you tips on teaching when he probably would not comprehend the methodological model of educating children of various age.

Anyway, I love what you are wearing, an eclectic take on Parisian style.

Unknown said...

Sorry that you're not meeting the best men... I was wondering if you had any of those fly outfits that you can wear to the gym... I don't know if that will improve your interactions with the men at the gym, but it will certainly make more heads turn... Also, if you see that guy again... will you please tell him that I WORK OUT!!! Good luck to you!

~Connie
blog.connieomari.com

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin