Thursday, March 15, 2007

Layer cake



I want to learn to layer. There. I've put it out there, I DON'T KNOW HOW! I can wear a shirt underneath a jacket, but my look is more streamlined than layered and casual. I want to be able to wear a fitted shirt underneath a dress or a cute top and not feel foolish. Or a dress with pants underneath or a crisp button down long sleeve shirt underneath a short knit dress. Here are some tips that I am going to try and for the other "layering impaired"

Balance: If you layer on top, keep it simple and fitted on the bottom. Also, don't wear chunky tops over a chunky bottom, you will look, well chunky.

Color: Try to keep the colors in the same family or monochromatic. You can also play with textures and patterns but not too much, you don't want to look too "busy."

Layering options:

Short sleeve tee over a long (white) sleeve tee
Floaty top underneath a chunky cardigan
Short skirt with tights or patterned hose

Real way layering:




1 comment:

Ms. Tee said...

I understand your plight. I am also working on layering...without looking like a 12 year old. I think it can be pulled off and look very casual chic, as the pictures you posted have proved. Good luck, and keep us posted!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin