Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Faux Real?













Question from Dear Abby:


DEAR ABBY: I was in a major department store, carrying a designer handbag, when a woman I didn't know approached me and asked if my bag was real or a knockoff. I was at a loss for words. The rudeness of that woman floored me.

I was always taught to be polite and not ask nosy questions. How would you have handled it? -- OFFENDED IN ARKANSAS

DEAR OFFENDED: If the handbag was genuine, I would have told the woman it was. And if it wasn't, I would have told her where to find one like it.

My opinion: I have had the same scenario play out once at Marshalls and another instance at the nail salon and both times complete strangers asked if my handbag was real. If it wasn't real I would share that also but I think to ask a complete stranger about their bag is rude. If I know the person then yeah by all means, ask away. What are your thoughts? Is it simple curiosity and should be treated as such or is it an invasion of privacy?


1 comment:

BeNyonce said...

I personally think it's rude. If a person is so interested in a handbag it's probably better to just say "I like your bag" and wait to see if the person volunteers the information.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin