Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What's Your Inspiration?

I have photos both in a binder that I have torn from magazines and online photos that I save for fashion inspiration. I love to look through magazines and if I see something on television, I try and find the look to save online. Sometimes I will print out the online photos and put them on my inspiration board. But at times it's not the actual pictured item that's inspiring, it may be a concept or just something that speaks to me.

EVERYONE has an inspiration board, right? Or is that only in my mad little world?

My ever changing Inspiration Board

My Inspiration: Scarf Headband
CaliVintage

Garance Dore


      I love this look the most, I have been searching for a wide scarf 
but I may have to find some fun fabric to recreate the look.

My way:
Please do not ask me why I insist on taking photos throwing up the peace sign, I do love it though. It's way easier for me to look goofy than "model-y."

In The Fashionista's Closet:

Yellow and blue printed scarf: Thrifted *I also bought a yellow and purple print one but I can't find it anywhere! I wanted to wear that one with this dress* Scarf is more long than wide, can also be worn as a belt
Dress: I purchased from a home shopping party about three years ago. A girl who has/had a boutique in Houston came to town with her things and had a fashion party. I love this dress, I normally pin it because as you can see, it can be revealing.
Earrings: I can't recall where I got them but I remember they were cheap and they had the same earrings at Arden B for like $15

So now, do tell, what is YOUR inspiration?

5 comments:

Moni @ CL Journal said...

Nope, you are not the only one! Matter of fact, my blog header is a photo of one of my boards!

Love your blog and your style. Happy to have found you via "God's Favorite Shoes". That's my girl!

Will be a devoted reader! : )

God's Favorite Shoes! said...

Hey, Moni's my homie from the above comment!

I wanna be you when I grow up, I would feel silly with a scarf around my head because I already have big fat baby jaws!

I'm digging this look. Africana Wardrobe Diary blogger did a hairscarf style a few posts back that I love!

I usually get my ideas/inspiration from mags/blogs/movies/real people/my head...anywhere.

Juanette said...

Hey Moni *waving* Any friend of GFS is a friend of mine! GFS, lol @baby jaws! I will check out AWD's post on headscarves, I like her too!

Sometimes I can't even follow a movie because I am enamored with the fashion. I want to see "It's Complicated" again because I loved the decor from that movie! And the drape styling that they did for Meryl Streep was great!

InnyVinny said...

I want to do head scarves SO badly...I'm scared though. Maybe if I find a print fun enough, I can experiment. =D

And inspiration is everywhere, but since I'm constantly on the internets, most of it comes from there.

dfadf said...

Microsoft Office
Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010
Office 2010 key
Office 2010 download
Office 2010 Professional
Microsoft outlook
Outlook 2010
Windows 7
Microsoft outlook 2010

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin