Friday, August 02, 2013

No Ways Tired

Whoop whoop! Hello my peoples!

Thank you all for the comments from my previous post, I really loved and appreciated the feedback. And shoutout to those of you who wanted to know the name of the hotel so that you can personally help ole dude sow what he has reaped, (reaped what he has sown? This always confuses me..)
I'm not advocating that anyone do anything rash but there are clues to the name of my hotel in my last post from my New York trip.
I'm just saying....#DontDoIt #OKMaybe #DontMentionMyName #ImJoking #YouCanMentionMyName


 I understand the anger that some of you feel and some of you disagreed with me not filing the complaint and that is understandable as well, especially when we want retribution for bad behavior. We don't want people to think that they can mistreat us and still seemingly prosper. But hurt people hurt people, happy people aren't going around mistreating and disrespecting folks so he is already #TeamLosing. But it wasn't an easy decision, I sometimes get tired of people taking from me. Taking my love, taking my kindness, taking my friendship, taking the deepest parts of my soul and think nothing of giving anything in return. 

(Glasses: Warby Parker; Top: H&M; Necklace: Zara; 
Skirt: Vince Camuto (from my photo shoot);
 Bag: Prada; Shoes: Steve Madden)
 
But I happened to look at my notes from church from a couple of weeks ago (I told y'all I take notes in church #NerdAlert) and these words struck me:

"We wake up every day with ambition and passion but we sometimes get weary. Weary is not a body issue, weary is a soul issue. You are too close to give up now. God is trying to grow us from the root instead of by the limbs, we must have strong roots to increase our strength in order for us to elevate."

Isn't that goooooooodddddddd?!?!?!


 "Let us not become weary in doing good for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galations 6:9

I, for one am ready for my harvest. Shoot, I'll pick up a hoe, a tiller or drive a tractor if that'll help it along. It ain't easy but let's stay encouraged shall we?

11 comments:

Ticka said...

Alright, so quoting scriptures and stuff, you done went and made me feel bad for wanting to jack ol'dude up. I'll get some akright.

But seriously, that was a great message.

Love the purple on you and that skirt fits you like a glove ma'am! Looking FLY! :)

Juanette said...

Lol Ticka, don't feel bad, I wanted to jack him up too! Thank you friend in my head!

Tammie S. said...

I was recently told that told my soul is weary. I have more understanding what that means reading what you wrote. Its hard not to feel bitter when you feel you are constantly wronged by people you thought you could trust. I have to live in the space of whatever feeling that emits from the experience...then with time it passes and I can live again. You look fabulous Juanette. Because of you I've decided to stop the woe is me in my writing and try to be positive. I'm glad you share because I don't feel alone in my disappointment when things don't work out in my search for Mr. Right!

Jenn said...

Hi lady. Well first I had to go back a few post and read all about NYC and everything that came to be.
1-NYC looks soo fun, I'm going for my birthday next summer and too excited.
2-I'm happy for your feature in People! Congrats.
3-I think you did the right thing with the guy. Like you said "hurt people hurt people, happy people don't." You ever heard the phrase "The best revenge is the live well or live a happy life"? Well you are doing just that, so keep doing your thing.

Ms. Tee said...

Enough about ole boy...you look awesome! Love the color combination of your outfit.

Your church notes (I take 'em too) and the quoted verse added to my devotional for today...thank you!

Simplybee said...

You look fab luv the color combination & the hair...ohlala the hair. Thank you for sharing the Lord's word..and I sure want my harvest! My first reaction was anger-hurt- to strike! But after tellin Pookie & them they already got two strikes..ole boy ain't even worth it..best thang we can do is stay happy even in times that we want to lash out and prepare our lives for HARVEST! LET THE CHURCH SAY AMEN!!PS cuz I'm a work in progress I'm just gonna pass by said HOTEL just to give mofo the eyeball glare! Lol...

Simplybee said...

You look fab luv the color combination & the hair...ohlala the hair. Thank you for sharing the Lord's word..and I sure want my harvest! My first reaction was anger-hurt- to strike! But after tellin Pookie & them they already got two strikes..ole boy ain't even worth it..best thang we can do is stay happy even in times that we want to lash out and prepare our lives for HARVEST! LET THE CHURCH SAY AMEN!!PS cuz I'm a work in progress I'm just gonna pass by said HOTEL just to give mofo the eyeball glare! Lol...

YoyosFashions said...

Really cute look!! Love the color combo!!

Unknown said...

YAY! It's the skirt! SO gorgeous :) Love the way you styled it with a bright yellow top! I couldn't resist wearing my new goodies from the shoot right away either :)

rs gold said...

Alright, therefore pricing scriptures along with stuff, a person carried out travelled making it us shame attempting to connector ol'dude upward. I am going to get some good akrightcheapest runescape gold

Unknown said...

Superb colors outfit.
http://freedmode.blogspot.fr/

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin