Saturday, December 09, 2006

"Jean"nie in a bottle

No more "Mom Jeans!" Ladies PLEASE throw away these tapered high waisted jeans. If you aren't sure what jeans to buy ask a salesperson, take a friend or use my tips below:

I am sooo loving jeans right now. You can dress them up or down, wear them with a classic button down shirt or funk it up with ruffled top and stilettos. Now I have had some trouble finding jeans in the past (small waist, big butt) and I just resigned myself to the fact that I would never find jeans that fit. But now I am willing to pay more for jeans that fit better than the $20 or $30 jeans I used to buy. But hey, you may be lucky enough to find jeans that fit great right off the hanger at a great price but if everything else is great but they are a little big in the waist, take them to a good tailor to be altered.

For my tall ladies, lots of brands are making jeans with a 36" inseam or longer now.

Rock & Republic Five-pocket jeans $227; Habitual "loft" jean $200

Ladies with larger hips can try trouser leg and straight leg jeans to minimize hips.


Seven for All Mankind "dojo" trouser jean $143; Paige Premium straight leg jeans $169 (these are very popular right now); Marc Jacobs wide leg sailor jeans $189

My petite ladies need to stay away from cuffed jeans, they will make you look shorter.

Kasil "Ansley" jean $192; Hollister "Venice" low rise boot $39 (Also flap pockets can make you look like you have a booty if your derriere challenged.)

Boot cut jeans look best on curvy cuties.


Gap bootcut curvy jeans $39.99 (on sale!); Joe's Jeans "Honey" fit $159.00



Best for big butts: 7 for All Mankind bootcut jeans (my fave!) $143; Citizen of Humanity "Ingrid" jeans $143

I know that some of these are pricey but even if you only own one pair of jeans, don't you want to love them?

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin