Thursday, March 12, 2009

...And now a word from our sponsor.....

Many people have asked me where I shop. I hate it when you ask someone that and they say "Everywhere" but honestly that is the truth! I find things at garage sales, thrift stores, department stores, online, my mother's jewelry armoire....You can find hidden treasures (or not so hidden) things as long as you get items that work for you. You CAN find things at lesser costs that don't LOOK cheap. But don't be afraid to splurge for the things that you love and remember that every trend is not for everyone.


First, assess your body type. Research and find out what types of things look best on you.

Secondly, shop your closet. Get rid of the things that you do not wear and make a "shopping list" of things you need. Make sure you have the Essentials - a white shirt, black pants, a pair of jeans, a LBD (little black dress) but don't take that too literally, a basic black dress will suffice. A daytime dress and a pair of black heels. Do not keep any of these things if they do not fit properly or are stained or faded.



Third, SHOP! I prefer to shop alone. I don't get sidetracked and I can spend as much time as I want in any particular store. If you need some help, take an honest friend whose fashion sense you admire, along. If your mom continues to buy you themed sweaters for holidays, you may not want to take her along; I'm just sayin... If your birthday or Christmas is arriving ask for gift cards to stores you want to shop or set aside a certain amount of money to spend each pay period so that you can find your essentials.

How I display my jewelry

I adore accessories, they can completely change the tone of an outfit. Thankfully most accessories are not that expensive so you can stock up. STILL need help? Call me. Seriously, I can take all the guesswork out of it AND you will look put together and save your sanity!

2 comments:

Sage Wizdom said...

I love your jewelry displays. How did you make them, or did you buy them? I desparately need help with the necklaces and hanging earrings!

Thanks~
Sage

Juanette said...

The necklaces are hung on a belt hanger and my boyfriend made the earring display from some wood and screen wire but you can also use the screen wire and a picture frame.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin