Friday, March 30, 2012

In The Fashionista's Closet: Boris Kodjoe

It's not what you think. I know that you think I'm talking about THIS Boris Kodjoe:


Fine. Tall. Sexy.  He could probably get any woman he wants, huh?

But I'm not talking about that Boris Kodjoe.
Really it's dudes who THINK that they're Boris Kodjoe.

 (At my favorite joint, H&M.)
Earrings: Gifted
Camo jacket: Thrifted and gifted by Reiko
White shirt: Thrifted
Skirt: Marshalls
Bag: Prada
Shoes: Steve Madden

A while back, one of my friends tried to set me up with a friend of his. I really think that his only reason for doing so was because we were both single, we ended up having nothing in common. He gave the friend my number and then would ask me for weeks if his friend had called. After about the third time that he asked and I said no, he said "That dude must think that he's Boris Kodjoe or somebody."


So now whenever a dude is being flaky, acting as if he's too good, or just otherwise being an a-hole, Reiko and I call him a Boris Kodjoe. As in NOT Boris Kodjoe. (But he thinks he is.)

*Disclaimer: I don't even like Boris Kodjoe like that, he's not even in my top ten but my friend used his name so I ran with it.



That dude that called and texted everyday for a week then fell off when the weekend came? He thinks he's Boris Kodjoe!

The dude who  pestered you for a pic and only agreed to meet after he saw your photo and then invited you over to his "media room" to watch a movie? Boris Kodjoe.

The dude who didn't even call (or email) to say "Nice to meet you" after you put forth the effort of meeting him after emailing forever and a day?? Boris freaking Kodjoe!


I'm laughing as I type this because I know that Reiko is laughing hysterically that I'm disclosing this. But I think that you and your friends can use it too. He doesn't have to be a Boris Kodjoe, he can be Brad Pitt (Before Angelina). Or  Ryan Gosling. Or Lil Wayne if you like that type of dude.

P.S. No more setups. I don't care how long you've known him, his mama or his play cousin. I'd rather try my hand and do it the old fashioned way and meet him at a club like everybody else does.

I kid, I kid.

But there are too many dudes walking around here thinking that they're Boris Kodjoe.....

And believe me. They're not.

16 comments:

GFS said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ife' said...

LMAO. SHUT UP JUANETTE!!!!! You are cracking me up... I am pretty sure that Lil Wayne is nobody's kinda dude...but I could be wrong.

can I have that jacket, please?

Ticka said...

Bwahahahahahahahahahaaha!!!! First and foremost, I love me some Boris Kodjoe! Secondly, I will most certainly be using this comparison. It's on now!! I will be giving many-a-dude the side eye and thinking "you ain't no Boris Kodjoe!"

Lastly, I can't get enough of your hair in these pics. Too cute!

http://ticka-spoonfullofsugar.blogspot.com/

Moni @ CL Journal said...

LMAO! I used to say "He ain't Prince!" or "He ain't Lenny!" Now I'm gonna say "You ain't no Boris Kodjoe!"

TOOO FUNNNNNEEE!!!

Tonya said...

love this!!
and love all your outfits!

brown.jack76 said...

Nice shop, can someone get bridesmaids purses in this shop. If this shop sells this kind of items than please tell me through your blog.

his_girl_friday said...

Hilarious post! So true.

SAT said...

Too funny and so true!
Love the shoes.
-Sonya

Nikkipooh said...

Juanette THIS post right here, OMG! I am on the floor in knots, laughing at your silly tail:) BUT, why do my bff and I do this? I often send her links to you and Reiko's post and say, who does this remind you of:) OMG I needed that good laugh today. When you see me using the hashtag #boriskudjoe it will be in reference to THIS post and not the real dude! LOL I just love you and Reiko! Yall make me laugh and that is hard for folk to do!

Nikkipooh said...

Oh sorry NikkiPooh71 AKA Caramelnaps AKA Necole:) Are you on spring break?

Nikkipooh said...

And gimme that jacket and those earrings:) I know a few Boris' lol!

Juanette said...

Lol @Necole, why do you have aliases now??? Our Spring Break was two weeks ago, I miss it already, lol. Unfortunately, I know too many Boris' too!!!

Unknown said...

I love your blog! Such an inspiration for me daily! Loving the Camo Jacket with the Red skirt and Button down!
Jana'e
www.naturallycurlykinky.blogspot.com

Malken said...

pls tell me where to get your glasses..

Juanette said...

@malken, I got them from Target, they are Ray Ban 5199

YoyosFashions said...

love this look!! I was googling camo jackets. You came up. You are so stylish!!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin