Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pillsbury Dough Boy(s)

Hey yall. I changed my hair. I'm still getting used to it. It's much bigger in person.
I'm on Spring Break this week and I have had to pause getting my life so hard because I have caught the sick.

 
 Sooooo I am still perplexed as to why guys ask for your number and don't call or guys who say they "really like you" wait for weeks to call or text. If I ain't your type of hype, it's cool, just let me know. But why go through all the rigmarole (word of the day) of asking for my number or randomly calling or texting if you can't or won't be consistent?

But as we all know, people do what they want to do. It's up to you to show people how to treat you. Busy ain't that dang busy. GTFOHWTBS.

 I was seeing a guy for a while last year. We had similar interests, we had lots of laughs and...wait for it....he was tall. (I KNOW!) I really enjoyed being with him but I could tell he wasn't always "present" with me. He would be distracted at times when we were together. We had some stops and starts when we were seeing one another and I couldn't figure out why we couldn't get it together. He finally broke down and told me that he was still seeing his ex-girlfriend. I knew that before we met he had gone through a breakup so I thought all of that was over. Once he was honest with me I stopped seeing him.
 
Sunglasses: Armani
Denim shirt: Zara
Men's jeans (I just found these again!): Rummage sale
Bag: Zara
Shoes: Jessica Simpson Waleo

He would still call and want to go out and as much as I wanted to, I resisted. He told me that he wasn't sure what he wanted to do, if he wanted to be with the ex or with me. And I had an epiphany when I was in the shower (I told y'all my best thoughts come when I am in the shower), God is not going to send you someone who doesn't know if they want to be with you. He is going to send you someone who doesn't want to run the risk of letting you go. 
 I strongly, strongly believe that there is someone who is  out there. Who is for me. And it is not a matter of if but of when.

But in the meantime all of these biscuits (i.e. flaky folks) are getting on my neeeeerrrrrrvvvvveeeessss!!!!!

20 comments:

Style & Poise said...

Very cute! Love your hair!

Roni
www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

Dawnya said...

It's true. There is someone out there just for you. God sent. I'm glad that you are not willing to settle. So many women settle for a man because they are tired of being lonely. Now they are miserable and wishing they had waited.

I'm loving the hair. I want me some big hair. I guess I should stop chopping on my baby fro...nah...I'm going to go buy me some big hair today.

Z said...

I just want to say that I wish you lived in New York so we could be friends, cause you're awesome.

FabEllis said...

Look at you! Looking all celebrity status... Love the look and the hair is fab on you!

Unknown said...

I’m so feeling this post! I’m trying to be patient while still enjoying my life.

Unknown said...

I really like this outfit especially your hair!! I think the new style looks great on you!!!




Carsedra of:

http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

InspiredbyFrench said...

I love reading your posts, you re so real and witty! As Wendy Williams would say, you are a friend in my head. I know your students can't wait to see you everyday, because I am sure you make school cool.

Keep writing and I'll keep reading.

Sheila

Unknown said...

Fab denim look love all that hair

sewing said...

Hi! I follow your blog yet I never comment...1st, why did it take me forever to figure this out -> GTFOHWTBS?...lol. 2nd, I'm in the same boat with you and the "dating game" and getting my life; It truly sucks at times! 3rd, LOVE your blog and all of its content. Keep it up!

Marla

Unknown said...

Amen to that Sista! I feel you on all points. I still havent figured out what GTFOHWTBS is? LOL. Great post

mychicstyle.tumblr.com

Tammie S. said...

...And I know I'm going to have to applye this in to my own life but: Men will tell you what you want to hear to see how far they can get with you in the least amount of time... When they see, you ain't that chick, they use the same line on the next chick until it works on someone...Each day you don't fall for the okie doke is a day you grow stronger in a facet of your character that will attract the one. I think in my life God didn't give me the one when I wanted because I it would have held me back from where he wanted me to be...There are some things I wouldn't have accomplished had I not gotten my heart broken, or if I were someone's wife. I keep hearing the same message from friends which is frustrating...Wait and don't settle. Maybe start asking for their number and calling them first. If they answer, they may be genuinely interested, if not, they probably juggling...and who needs that?

YoyosFashions said...

Darling look!! Love your hair!!

BukiBelle said...

You're better than that! You deserve God's best! Dude can STEP! Lol.

Love your new hair!

Julie said...

I laughed out loud about you saying you caught the sick! And is it weird that I know what GTFOHWTBS means w/o having ever seen it before in my life. You go girl for seeing Gods plan! Good luck!

Unknown said...

So fly!
Tye
http://blog.lagelle.com

Kara said...

Stay true to yourself. I have had many similar experiences and I chose not to date anyone for a long time. I am 45 years old and many people wondered 'what was wrong with me.' Absolutely nothing is wrong with me, I chose to wait for a lot of reasons.

PS - met someone last year at funeral and we are now engaged.

PPS - Love your blog. :)

rus2sand said...

Loving the hair and bag.

Simplybee said...

Luv the hair...you are channeling Diana Ross (a lil smaller)lol...girl you wait on your man!!! He's coming..& these other unavailable busters well: THEY BETTA GET THEY LIFE! Luv the demin on demin with the pop of color! You rock J!!

Pretty Girls Home said...

Omg I needed this! I have been going through it with this guy...why is there comfort in knowing I'm not the only one.

heavenlyhummingbird said...

how many sizes up do you go up on your mens jeans? Mine never fit right

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin