Hey y'all. I have been busy getting my life so hard lately. That's gonna be my new motto:
"Get yo life so hard."
Well, that and "All Gold Everything." (Just kidding, I hate that song. But I sing it when I hear it.)
My students are testing this week and so I am able to wear tennis shoes but no jeans.
So the challenge has been to make my Chucks work appropriate.
I have some things to confess to yall....#DontJudgeMe
1. I almost stole my neighbor's newspaper last week. It was a Sunday paper too. It was just sitting there, mocking me. I mean, who gets the newspaper these days anyway? I wanted to take it and look at the sale papers and read the comics section like I used to do back in the day. But I didn't. #YouDontKnowMyLife #IKnowIBeenChanged
2. I have some of my best thoughts in the shower. Like, for real. The problem is that I forget half of the thoughts unless I tell them to someone or write it down. I am sitting on some million dollar ideas baby, and it's all thanks to my showerhead. Wait,...that didn't come out right.....
3. My eyebrows are really unruly but I'm scared to pluck them too much because I don't want to end up like Meagan Good. I read that she had to have hers tattooed on because she overplucked them and drew them on like the girls at her school and they stopped growing back. I have the sads for her. And I don't want to look like Groucho Marx with drawn on eyebrows so I just say no.
4. I love the tv show "The Following" with Kevin Bacon but it's so scary that I will only watch it during the day. Now everybody knows I ain't no punk, but that show right there gives me the shivers! It's so dark and riveting and I get scared.every.single.time.
(This bag was supposed to be my birthday present in December but I finally ordered it a couple weeks ago. #GettingMyLife)
5. I watched Beyonce's interview with Oprah and HBO documentary and I'll admit it, I was kinda entranced by her. I didn't think it showed her every day, head scarf wearing times with sweatpants on and breast milk on her tee shirt, but I was glad for the glimpse of time that she did display, especially her interactions with Blue and my boo, Jay-Z. You can tell that she is really grateful for that man. (And not in a sickening, put it on for other people kinda way, they just seem to genuinely enjoy one another.)
And that's not a bad thing.
Striped men's shirt: Thrifted
So there you have it, my confessions (for this week at least.) Is there anything that you would like to confess?