Wednesday, March 06, 2013

These Are My Confessions....

 Hey y'all. I have been busy getting my life so hard lately. That's gonna be my new motto:
"Get yo life so hard."
Well, that and "All Gold Everything." (Just kidding, I hate that song. But I sing it when I hear it.)

My students are testing this week and so I am able to wear tennis shoes but no jeans.
So the challenge has been to make my Chucks work appropriate.

I have some things to confess to yall....#DontJudgeMe

1. I almost stole my neighbor's newspaper last week. It was a Sunday paper too. It was just sitting there, mocking me. I mean, who gets the newspaper these days anyway? I wanted to take it and look at the sale papers and read the comics section like I used to do back in the day. But I didn't. #YouDontKnowMyLife #IKnowIBeenChanged


2. I have some of my best thoughts in the shower. Like, for real. The problem is that I forget half of the thoughts unless I tell them to someone or write it down. I am sitting on some million dollar ideas baby, and it's all thanks to my showerhead. Wait,...that didn't come out right.....


3. My eyebrows are really unruly but I'm scared to pluck them too much because I don't want to end up like Meagan Good. I read that she had to have hers tattooed on because she overplucked them and drew them on like the girls at her school and they stopped growing back. I have the sads for her. And I don't want to look like Groucho Marx with drawn on eyebrows so I just say no.



4. I love the tv show "The Following" with Kevin Bacon but it's so scary that I will only watch it during the day. Now everybody knows I ain't no punk, but that show right there gives me the shivers! It's so dark and riveting and I get scared.every.single.time.

(This bag was supposed to be my birthday present in December but I finally ordered it a couple weeks ago. #GettingMyLife)

 5. I watched Beyonce's interview with Oprah and HBO documentary and I'll admit it, I was kinda entranced by her. I didn't think it showed her every day, head scarf wearing times with sweatpants on and breast milk on her tee shirt, but I was glad for the glimpse of time that she did display, especially her interactions with Blue and my boo, Jay-Z. You can tell that she is really grateful for that man. (And not in a sickening, put it on for other people kinda way, they just seem to genuinely enjoy one another.)
And that's not a bad thing.

Glasses: Ray-Ban
Earrings: Target
Jacket: Zara
Striped men's shirt: Thrifted
Skirt: Target
Bag: Zara
Converse: Marshalls

So there you have it, my confessions (for this week at least.) Is there anything that you would like to confess? 

10 comments:

7eventh Letter said...

I just love this outfit so much!!! Get your life so hard girl!!!

7eventh Letter
www.whatsmoreimportantthanfashion.com

Megs said...

I started watching the premiere of The Following and it was SO GOOD but then that lady stabbed herself in the eye and I was out. I am way too squeamish for all that. I wish I wasn't though because what I did see, I liked.

Juanette said...

YES Megs! That first episode was probably the worst, it hasn't been as graphic since then but it IS jarring....

Unknown said...

I love "get yo life so hard" that should be on a t shirt. #anothermilliondollaridea

Unknown said...

I need to recreate this look, this is too cute!! Too bad it's not warm enough here in the "A" to wear it. I will have to remember this look!!!



Carsedra of:

http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Amen, amen, amen, you crack me up #iknowibeenchanged

I want to steal my neighbors newspaper on sunday too... I think she works on the weekend because I swear it sits on her doorstep until Monday night and I always say that if it's still there Tuesday morning It's mine.
I have my best thoughts in the bathroom period doing all kinds of stuff to the point I have a notepad just for "bathroom ideas".
I am trying to convince my friend to get her eyebrows tatted because she has overplucked, I showed her Megan's and she is seriously considering even though she has no tattoos.
Plus we watch deception and the following on Mondays.
The Following is my favorite show right now but I always have to watch something light and funny afterwards, I lock my Bedroom door every night because Joe Carrol or one of his followers may be lurking. LOL
Sorry for the long comment but you were in my brain today.
Note to self, get some new Chucks!

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Love this look

Sing of Singature Style said...

I like that jacket.

Simplybee said...

Honey chile there is an IS&T (techie) at my job..that I will name Chocolate Drop that has got my knees weak!!! 30ish & sexy smart & that humor that I luv! Ok I feel better now that I confessed!! #dont judge me#not a cougar!!

Tavia Mac said...

You know...if I said this before forgive me but I don't know what I love more about your blog, the outfits or your stories. You personality is a hoot and your sense of style is all that.

Tavia
www.ninetofly.blogspot.com

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin