Wednesday, August 11, 2010

In The Fashionista's Closet: Stripes and Dots

These striped seersucker shorts have been lounging in my shorts drawer all summer and I had forgotten all about them! I bought them out of season and didn't have them on my radar until today. They are comfy and aren't too short which is my #1 reason for purchasing. (Some of you already know how I feel about shorter shorts!)



I had to drop off some paperwork at a couple of offices and didn't want to look too casual so I paired the shorts with my fave yellow polka jacket and a men's v-neck tee. I figured I would just grab the jacket when it was time for me to go into the office buildings, it was 84 degrees outside at 9 am so I couldn't reasonably wear it around all day unless I was going to be inside.


I really enjoy these two pieces together, I also have some wide leg seersucker pants that I can pair with this jacket for the same look. There was a time when I never would have thought to put the two together but I am motivated to think outside the box in the last four or five years.


I believe a huge part of my change in thinking was deciding to go natural, you can't be a conformist with this hair! In the simplest outfit my coif sets me apart from the crowd, I can be surrounded by a sea of natural haired women yet each person's hair is distinctive and inimitable.


The older I get, the more comfortable I am in my own skin. I've said that growing up I just wanted to be like everyone else and now as an adult, I value my unique-ness. Weird, eh?

6 comments:

Tonia Lee Smith said...

Stylish and comfy, all at the same time.

Manecoarse said...

Great look. Love the shoes.

TrendySocialite said...

I totally know what you mean about being a non-conformist as a natural. I totally feel that way. My style has definitely changed since going natural. I like this ensemble....very cool. I stumbled upon your blog yesterday, and I'm glad I did. Will be going back through to get more ideas.

Anonymous said...

I love this look, especially the jacket and pendant!

Hi I sent you an email the other day about personal styling and I am trying to see if you received it.

Sara said...

I LOVE this combo! It's so light and airy but perfect for a casual stop in at the office, for sure. Also your hair is freakin fabulous, glad to hear it's helped you open your style up! :)

Maggie Lamarre said...

I luv this, it screams let's go on a cruise..
Maggie
http://cuttingabove.blogspot.com
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin