Monday, August 02, 2010

One Man's Rummage.....

A couple of months ago someone sent me an email to a rummage sale that was being held the following day. I felt the hairs on my neck stand up because any type of garage sale, rummage sale, thrifting excursion is right up my alley. I rose early that morning and was fortunate enough to be one of the first few people there. I scored some ridiculous designer items:


I ended up with some great items, (not all are pictured) and helped other shoppers find some things as well, I think some people thought that I worked there. Because of my helpfulness, (or maybe it was pity), the kind cashier gave me all of my fabulous items for a mere $40 when it probably should have been well over $150 and that's not even taking into account what the items cost retail.
 
I know that some people sneer at the thought of wearing someone else's pre-worn items and that's fine, it just means more for me! I consider it an adventure to find fabulous things at awesome prices, just be sure to check for any holes, tears or rips and try things on. There was no dressing room at the rummage sale but I pre-planned and wore loose clothing and made myself a "dressing area" to try on items and checked the fit in a mirror propped up on a chair. Also, be sure to look for items in different sections, I found some men's Bill Blass shirts that I love and men's jeans that I wear rolled up for the "boyfriend" look. Check Craigslist, church announcements, the newspaper or word of mouth to find garage sales, rummage sales and thrift stores to whet your recession-friendly shopping appetite!

3 comments:

Ashley. said...

I love this post because i think i love thrift stores and yard sales just as much as you do. Im not to good to wear preworn clothes. ha. Great finds. You did an awesome job!! : ) love your blog.

P.S. I love this... said...

What great finds!I never find nice stuff in my area.. I must move.

Linka72 said...

sigh..If I already didn't have enough stuff for my OWN rummage sale..I would love to do this every weekend. Great Post!!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin