Friday, August 27, 2010

In The Fashionista's Closet: Spotted and Dotted

*This should have been Friday's post but I got busy so here ya go.....
I almost didn't post pics today, I thought this skirt wasn't particularly flattering after looking at the pics, I should have worn my spanx but I am anti- spanx right now. *I will don them for church but it's 89542461503129182123448.6 degrees outside and I didn't feel like I needed them for this skirt until now.


 I have been working out by doing cardio for the past two weeks hoping to lose 10 pounds total but not even 1 pound will budge! I gave up bread for two weeks and lost 4 pounds without working out but I am trying to do the right thing and add exercise to my repertoire to maximize my results.


I am the type of person who needs to see immediate results or I throw my hands up in frustration but I will keep at it. Any insight you readers may have is appreciated, do I need to add weights, do yoga, what? I have been a sporadic worker-outer in the past but I know that I need to add it into my lifestyle for good. I used to jump rope, attended kickboxing classes, did rollerblading and aerobics so I need something that will keep my attention and preferably I can do at home.
P.S. I got the part time job, I start Monday in addition to teaching so I need to get a good night's sleep.....


P.S.S. The cricket is dead.....I had to use a whole can of Raid and no thanks to my leasing office, they didn't take it seriously and didn't send someone out until two days later so I had to open the vent and remove the air filter and spray directly into the vent. It smelled like bug spray for a while but I got that sucker! *I thought I was being punked, it was a sight to see.*

8 comments:

Manecoarse said...

Congratulations on your new job. You look so cute. Love your shoes.

Juanette said...

Thank you maam!

GFS said...

I can't deal with you and your cricket shenanigans! LOL! I don't see the need for Spanx at all. It's in your head I tell ya!

You getting a part time job now means I want be able to text you silly pictures of turbans and such!

Congrats tho because that means you are about to start BAWLLLIN!!!

Mellodee said...

Great outfit, very sharp. The bit of pink on the shoes is perfect with it too. Just a little bit of flair.

Any triumph over creepy, crawly, flying, noisy bugs is a triumph for us all!!

Shevy said...

Running is great...but yyou may wanna take up spinning and do some type of boot camp workout

Melissa said...

LIFT WEIGHTS. Seriously. That's the best thing you can do to lose weight is to tone your muscles.

Not only will you continue to burn calories long after working out with weights, but the more muscle you have, the more calories you'll burn in a sedentary state as well.

Besides, as nice as it is to be *smaller* sometimes, it doesn't really look all that great when even the smaller pieces jiggle. Toning is PERFECT.

I've had a long weight-loss journey. If you want to read about it, check out my Melosophy blog.

On another note, I think you look just gorgeous in this outfit. I love the black and white and I think the skirt looks great on you!
Spanx be darned!

titilayo said...

Exercise and strength training is good, but the main thing if you want to lose weight is to eat fewer calories and/or carbs. I read somewhere that you would have to work out for 1 bajillion hours just to burn the weight that you put on by eating a single teeny-tiny cookie (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating); the conclusion was that the fastest way to lose weight is to eat less/healthier. But keep working out for fitness!

Love the outfit, by the way.

Lexy of BeautyFash said...

I am a new reader and I LOVE your blog! Loving the mix of dots in this outfit. I adore your style and your thrifted treasures! I am addicted to thrifting and I LOVE IT! :)

Lexy of BeautyFash

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin