Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Follicle Chronicles: Product Review: Taliah Waajid Curl Sealer

I was in the beauty supply getting more Eco-Styler gel when I spotted the Taliah Waajid products and noticed that they had some new products out. I forgot to mention in my 'Products" post that I have the Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier that I use as a moisturizer when my hair is feeling dry.
 I bought the Clean-N-Curly Hydrating Shampoo and the Curl Sealer which says "Stops frizz, Adds shine, Shapes and seals in curls, Leave-in conditioning, No build-up." It said to use the Curl Sealer in conjunction with the Clean-N-Curly Shampoo so that is why I bought both.


The shampoo was okay, you don't need a lot and it lathers right up. I think I get more slip and need less detangling  when I use my Aussie Moist Conditioner as a co-wash but I was trying to follow instructions!

First I raked/shingled a small amount through each section and then let it semi air dry. I did not use a lot of product and a little went a long way. It smells really light and wasn't greasy at all and I noticed that it elongated my twists. I then braided the root of my hair and twisted the ends in medium size braids/twists. This is what it looked like:

 (Yall know we are friends if I am letting you see me in my ratty robe and my hair twisted up.)


I left it until the next morning and this is what it looked like after the takedown:



My hair was defined but not crunchy or flaky and I only left my twists in overnight. Normally I will let them "set" for about two to three days. 
The Results: My hair was elongated and fluffy but yall know I like BIG hair so I re-twisted my hair into big braids for another hour and VOILA!
(BTW it is a pet peeve of mine to see people spell this phonetically, i.e.WAH-LA. Sounds stupid but I've seen it. Several times in fact.)

I lightened this photo up so that you can see the hair better....

Product Rating: A

What it lacked: Shine! I added grapeseed oil to my hair after taking it down because it looked rather dull to me. I also didn't have a lot of definition on the second day but I think that was because I took my hair down the next day instead of leaving it up for several days like normal.

Price was $7.49 each for the Curl Sealer and shampoo. If you're in Dallas, I bought them at Gold 7 Beauty Supply off of Forest Lane, here is the link to the Taliah Waajid online shop HERE.

Product ingredients: Soft water, (Aqua) glycerine, polyquaternium 10 and peg 14, polyquaternium 37, dmdm hydantoin, yarrow extract (achilea millefolium), jua extract (zizyphus Joazerio bark), lemon extract (citrus medic limonum fruit), wild mint extract (mentha avensis leaf), soap bark extract (quillaja sapponaria bark), polysorbate 20, fragrance. 

All in all, I give this an A, I really enjoyed the definition that it gave and the fact that my hair wasn't hard or flaky. Has anyone else tried this? Gonna try?

6 comments:

Zarna said...

your hair looks amazing here!!! i totally love this look.

BESOS LYNN said...

Very pretty! I know you have talked about the grape seed oil and Aussie products before, but can you recap for me. I am starting to swim a few times a week and need to change my hair routine! I grabbed grape seed oil from TJ's, now what, please help???
Yellow looks great on you by the way!!!!!!
besos,lynn

Audrey...Miss Moon's Musings said...

::shaking like the product junkie I am:: Just need... a small jar.... to get me... through the week..... LOL

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the breakdown. I love TW products and will look for the curl sealer on my next trip to the store.
Your hair is looking good!

Angie R.

Juanette said...

@Lynn I left you a comment and links regarding the grapeseed oil and Aussie conditioner, hope this helps!

###### said...

i tried this with my daughter...she would not wear it to school..i was so mad. i loved it. yours is GORG. if only i would let mine grow...NOT

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin