Wednesday, November 03, 2010

In The Fashionista's Closet: Schoolgirl Crush(ed)

Ok. Shut up. I said that I would put up my pics even if I didn't particularly like what I was wearing.  
Exhibit A:


Dress: Thrifted
I loved this dress when I got it because I thought it looked like what Marc Jacobs was doing back in 2007-2008. I remember there being plaid and cute detailing. After I looked at my pics today, I laughed out loud. I look like a 10 year old. (But at least it's not a schoolmarm, right?) Everyone kept telling me I looked like a schoolgirl today and I thought it was a compliment. I see now it was not. It just doesn't seem flattering and most of all, it looks, say it with me now: "BO-RING!"

My saving grace:

These Michael Kors platforms. Sure to be seen at a blog near you.


I'm not even sure I want to do a "What I Should Have Worn" because I may burn this dress. Or I may style an outfit around the shoes. So I am off to redeem myself for tomorrow.....*Big Sigh*

10 comments:

Mellodee said...

I'd try it with a big shiny belt! And some jewelry wouldn't hurt! Love the shoes and with a little "oomph" the dress might turn into something more your style. :)

Tina said...

No No No don't burn it. I agree with Mellodee- a nice big belt maybe yellow or red and some nice booties would really bring out the beauty in the dress.

Marsha (BrownFace) said...

You betta not burn it!!! SEnd it to me!...lol What sixe is it. Girl, I would have thrown on some yellow suede shoes (which i have)with it and accessorized heavily (whish is my favorite thing to do. I would have added a belt too!

Sing of Singature Style said...

I agree, maybe a funky studded belt to make it less school girl?
I think the shape is classic and you should hang on to it.

http://singaturestyle.blogspot.com/

~L~ said...

i like the dress. if you want to jazz it up, add a big bold bright statement necklace. oh and the shoes are the business!

~L~
ENTER MY JEWELRY GIVEAWAY THAT ENDS SOON

Danna said...

I agree with the other ladies...don't burn the dress! Just as the others mentioned, a bright belt, some jewelery or even a bright short jacket would make this outfit awesome.

Anonymous said...

I disagree with you, I think you look very chic. I'd wear this with a black or brown (or red!) leather jacket and the aforementioned studded belt.

narcissaqtpie said...

I think a jacket would def help. Or maybe refashion? The plaid is so awesome. The top could stand out on it's own, I love the shape. Then you will have the skirt as a standout piece. you have options don't toss it yet!

Unknown said...

whaddya mean? I think it's adorable!

LJoyner said...

I actually love this look of the dress on you!! You look fabulous in everything that you wear!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin