Thursday, November 18, 2010

In The Fashionista's Closet: Comfort is Key

I needed to wear something comfy today, I had to take an exam so I needed to be able to layer in case it was too hot/too cold AND wear my flat boots for the comfortable-ness factor. I am hoping to be certified in another area to teach and I should have the results back in 2-3 days. *Fingers, toes, and eyes are crossed!*

 I found this scarf in the hallway of my apartment when I was moving in. I knocked on several doors trying to find the owner but no one claimed it. Don't judge me. (I washed it.)
Boots: Marshalls



Yesterday I subbed for a first grade class that I've never had before and I swore I saw Lucifer himself in their eyes. There were pencils thrown and hitting kids in the head, one kid could not read a sentence out loud but he wrote the B word on his paper AND spelled it correctly. There was a little girl with blue hair weave, a kid named Walter (who names a kid Walter?) and a little girl that I suspect stole my 75 cents off the desk.

 Coat: Club Monaco

 But the highlight of my time (sentence?) was the brother of the kid from Andre/De'Andre fame. He kept finding excuses to touch me and I finally realized that he liked my sweater. (Seen here. No pics yesterday, sorry.) He kept saying "It's soft. It feels so comfortable." Fast forward to later that day and my friend's four year niece touched the sweater and said, "I like your sweater. It feels comfortable" so I guess the word of the day is 'comfortable.'

Jacket previously seen here.


I wasn't planning on mixing patterns today but I'm glad it worked out that way, I've been obsessing over it. Here's a couple of pics of my thrifting partner in crime and her mix of prints:


So cute!

By the way, for those of you who watch Fantasia's reality show, Fantasia For Real on VH-1, I ran into her Aunt Bunny today while out looking for earrings. I had forgotten that she was from Dallas. She was so sweet and down to earth. I figure this meeting brings Reiko closer to Oprah since Fantasia knows Oprah so we're almost there! My friend Deatrice is mad that I didn't give her phone number to Aunt Bunny to give to Fantasia because she loves Fantasia but I'm thinking Fantasia might be a little busy right now, Trice.


I will announce the winner of the Fashion Nette-work/Designer Chatter Giveaway tomorrow!

6 comments:

~L~ said...

this outfit is just too perfect. i love the print on the dress and that scarf was a good find (no judgin over here).

And Aunt bunny is hilarious on that show.

~L~
Avid Accents

GFS said...

I'm getting closer to Oprah yet!

Landel said...

Your boots are killer! :D

sun-kissed said...

Love the 'fit! The stories about the kids are hilarious!!!

Prissy said...

Hey, I think that's my scarf that I lost in the hallway!!! LOL
Your outfit is very cute. Lovin' the flat boots (I need a pair). I also love how you always mix prints. I have a few pics of you in my inspiration folder. Aunt Bunny is a fool!!! Gotta love her!

Prissy
www.rushourfashion.blogspot.com

Tina said...

Ok I love the dress- The colors are bright and beautiful.
You did try to return the scarf- Hey!

I LOVE Aunt Bunny she is so REAL!!!!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin