Tuesday, November 30, 2010

In The Fashionista's Closet: All Wrapped Up

Now that the time has changed I have a small window of time to take my pics after work before it gets dark and I'm missing the mark lately. The photos in my hallway are too dark in my opinion so I came out to the landing area this evening.


Coat: Banana Republic
Bag: Kooba
I subbed an art class today and one of the kinder kids used WAAAAYYYYY too much glue and got glue on my skirt and sweater. Had.to.resist.the.urge.to.strangle.him. But thankfully (for his sake) it came out.

Sweater: Zara
Skirt: Banana Republic
Boots: Juicy Couture



Earrings: Thrifted
Belt: Thrifted

Now on to the hair. This is from a twistout on its last legs. I applied Palmer's Hair Milk as a moisturizer and combed it out with a wide tooth comb then used Eco Styler gel for the edges and rolled it. I used hair combs and bobby pins. I call this my Shug Avery look from The Color Purple (greatest movie ever btw!)



I actually saw this YouTube tutorial last week but because I like to research and practice a style before I wear it out, I wasn't going to try it today. UNTIL Reiko said that I like to research EVERYTHING (which is partly true) so I threw caution to the wind and tried it.





It turned out okay for the first time, I really felt like I looked like my mom, she used to wear here hair like this "back in the day!"


Oh and please head over to the Trendy Socialite and watch her video inspired by lil ole me!

4 comments:

Sing of Singature Style said...

I love your hair, I don't think it's mom at all, very chic and sophisticated.

~Decidedly Imperfect~ said...

Love your hair & the outfit! I'm going to have to swagger jack you on this one! ;0)

Ms. Tee said...

Love, love, LOVE your hair and your outfit!

BlackPearl said...

I'm loving that bag and your hair!!!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin