Monday, January 03, 2011

In The Fashionista's Closet: Coming To The Stage.....

 
Today was Staff Development day so no kiddies were at school. 

As we sat at our tables for training one of the teacher's told me "I have a nickname for you." 

"Ummmkay," I said expecting it to be Diva, Jazzy or most likely, Mrs. Jay Z. 

"EXOTIC!" she said, smiling proudly.

Did she say...umm...exotic?

(Here's the definition: strikingly, excitingly, or mysteriously different or unusual <exotic flavors>)

"I don't know, that makes me think about something else when I hear exotic."

(See second definition: of or relating to striptease <exotic dancing>)

"No, she said. You're different, you have your own style of dressing."

"How about 'unique'? I pleaded asked.

"NO. Exotic. That's what I'll call you."

So.......I guess my new name is Exotic which I take to mean that she either thinks that I dress mysteriously different or like a stripper.

(I wasn't even going to take outfit pics today but I wanted to show yall what exotic looks like, tee hee.)

sweater: Zara
men's Bill Blass shirt: rummage sale
jeans: 7 For All Mankind
boots: can't remember

10 comments:

kdr*S said...

This truly has me laughing out loud. I am going to go out on a limb and say that her name was Becky. (if you get my drift) Hilarious! Well miss Exotic... thanks for making my day!

Cheers,
kDrs

Kandi said...

ha! ok Exotic. hmmm that's interesting. That's a pretty tame outfit to be considered exotic. I'm sure she meant it as a compliment LOL. By the way, I need an oversized white shirt too!

...ALLmEYEne... said...

That's soooo funny. the first time I wore my hair in a twist out a lady at a commencement ceremony chased me down to tell me the exact same thing. I could figure how to accept that...exotic good or exotic bad. From your blog is the strikingly and excitingly.

Full Figured Diva said...

Just found your BLOG and I absolutely heart it...OH and I love the entire outfit..especially the sweater. Super cute!


http://full-figureddiva.blogspot.com/

CorporateNapps said...

Interesting choice of words, but definitely meant in a good way. I would have gone with something like, Miss Chic. But I'm sure she was leaning toward something that meant, different or unique, and reached for a word that sounded better rolling off the tongue:-) Hey, I'm trying to help her out.

Anonymous said...

You definitely look exotic with your fingers-for-glasses picture at the top of the post (lol!). But yeah, it was definitely a compliment!

Ms. Tee said...

I was still half sleep when I first started reading your blog entry...then the "exotic" comment made me wake up and laugh out loud! As everyone else has already said, I'm sure she meant it in a good way...she just didn't know how to put it in words. Apparently simply saying "I love your sense of style" wasn't enough! LOL...that's just like one of my colleagues, who told me my curly locs looked like the ruffles on my sweater. *blank stare*

Forget the kids...adults say the darndest things!

BTW, I love how you combined that oversized button-up with that off-the-shoulder sweater! Very classy chic!

~L~ said...

lol...I bet she was thinking you would love the new nickname she gave you. people are so funny!

anywho...loving the "exotic" outfit!

Stay fabulous,
~L~
Avid Accents Blog

Sing of Singature Style said...

Hey exotic sis, loving that sweater and how it drapes. Very cool fit.

http://singaturestyle.blogspot.com/

imobiliarias alegrete said...

very good

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin