Wednesday, January 12, 2011

In The Fashionista's Closet: Ahoy Matey

It's been a week since I've posted but don't abandon ship, I'm here, I'm here! I haven't worn anything that I considered to be 'blog worthy' and I've been kinda busy but now I'm back, baby!


It's been so COLD in the D (Please, if you haven't heard about T-Baby and nem, please click here) it snowed Sunday and the temps have been in the 30s. I have on many layers on the inside of my dress so if I'm looking a little puffy in my pics, that's why.

 I left these boots at my mom's when I visited at Christmas and she was so kind to mail them to me because I couldn't sleep at night without having all articles of clothing where they should be. Thanks ma!

Ahem....World, meet the fabulousness that is Gabriel:
Yes, ladies and gents, that is a FULL LENGTH mink coat on Gabriel and he did not blink an eye when I told him that I wanted to take his picture. Gabriel was so many things people, he was very complimentary to me and please note the Louis Vuitton pouch he's carrying. 

But wait, there's more. This is what Gabriel was actually wearing when I met him:


ummm hmmm, that's right, a hat with dreadlocs attached. Betcha don't see that everyday, now do you????

YOU'RE WELCOME....

Dress: Thrifted
Earrings: Thrifted
 Belt: Came with another dress
Sweater tights: Marshalls
Boots: Nine West

14 comments:

Dhalia Edwards said...

Looking lovely miss lady! I see Gabriel isnt scared of fashion. :-)

Dhalia

Anonymous said...

OMG Gabriel! I.can't:) I can't! Girl this post is cracking.

Sing of Singature Style said...

LMBO at Gabriel. Wow.
Your dress is fantastic. I want your thrift shops!

Full Figured Diva said...

Love the dress! You look great!

http://full-figureddiva.blogspot.com

misss_e said...

This look is uber fab...so is ya boy!

Prissy said...

I adore this dress...so cute! Loving those boots too. I see why you couldn't sleep at night while they were gone!

Prissy
www.rushourfashion.com

maphi bayolo said...

such an amazing dress you look beautiful in it xoxo

~L~ said...

i love that dress. the shape and pattern! boots are nice too!

i semi fainted when you mentioned T-baby's song then i continued my faint when all the fabness of Gabriel appeared. LAWD!

~L~

Anonymous said...

I know the post is about your dress, but I really like your hair pulled up like that. We want to see a tutorial, pretty please!

Ms. Tee said...

I love your dress, and the boots are cute! I can't wear short or quarter sleeves when it's as cold as it's been!

Gabriel is making a statement, isn't he?

Juanette said...

Thank you ladies!

@Mustard Seed, there's really no need for a tutorial, this was a high high puff on a twistout, my hair was really shrunken from my twists and I was frustrated so I pulled it up.

@Ms. Tee: I wore two shirts underneath that dress, it was very thin so I knew I had to layer! But I normally push or roll my sleeves up because a lot of thrift items are normally shorter in the arms on me but now it's a habit no matter how long the sleeves are.

Ms. Tee said...

I also meant to say you don't look puffy at all! :)

MrsCrystal said...

OMG! I don't know who that man is, but I guarantee you that I just saw him last week at work with that same hat on.

Audrey...Miss Moon's Musings said...

Wow.. Gabriel was super fancy, huh?!? Hat with locs attached!!!

I love the dress in this picture... I really need to get my thrift on, STAT!!!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin