Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In The Fashionista's Closet: Put Your Pretty Panties On

Now, now before you get riled up, hear me out. I actually thought of this post title while I was in the shower (does anyone else do their best thinking there also?)

Most of us have reasons that we are waiting to do something. "When I lose those last ten pounds then I am going to buy me a new dress." "When my kids graduate then I'll open my interior design business."  "When my husband lands his promotion then I'll go back to school."  

  Or in my case, "When I find someone date-worthy, then I'll put my pretty panties on." Pretty panties set the stage, even if no one sees them, you know you're wearing your pretty panties and you feel fabulous. Well I  have a drawer full of pretty panties that haven't seen the light of day. Everyday when I reach for my unmentionables (I guess I can't call them that since I'm mentioning them) and even if my pretty panties somehow end up at the top, I bypass them and get my 'everyday' drawers. (I'm laughing hysterically as I'm typing the word 'drawers'.)


There are some obstacles that are beyond our control, you can't very well go back to school if you have no money, but you can apply for financial aid, or save to register for one class or make a plan so that you can get an accurate timeline of when you can actually begin school. The point is, what are you waiting for?

I've said time and time again, stop waiting to lose weight in order to buy something that makes you feel fabulous, it may be just the catalyst you need to get started. And if you never lose the weight, then you have something in your closet that makes you feel wonderful at the size that you're at right now.


So I decided to wear my pretty panties today and not to wait for a date or a special occasion, but just because I want to. Whatever those obstacles are that are preventing you from going after your goals, STOP waiting to put on your pretty panties. Pretty panties are meant to make you feel special so throw caution to the wind and wear them every day. Well, not the same pair of course....


Turtleneck: Ralph Lauren
Necklaces: Vintage, Forever 21, Aldo
Skirt: Thrifted
Shoes: Nine West


My name is Juanette and I approved this message!

14 comments:

kdr*S said...

LMD(drawers)O!!! You just made my day!!! You are so right. And Im sure your "everydays" were teasing the "pretties" because they havent seen the light of day!!! Viva la Pretty Drawers!!!

keesha

April said...

L-O-V-E it! I'll wear mine tomorrow!

Sing of Singature Style said...

Love the winter white. Great sentiment and I agree. I apply this to everything, even drinking my wine out of the prettier glasses. Why wait, everyday is a special occasion.

Ms. Tee said...

I love how you balanced the slim turtleneck with the full pleated skirt...very nice!

I love my pretty panties! An all lace pair doesn't have to constitute pretty. It could be cotton bikini cut with a lace trim, or a feminine floral print...or switching out those high waist granny panties for the cutesy boy short!

I do some of my greatest thinking in the shower...the key is the time of day. I am a night owl and get my second wind around 8 PM...lol

Unknown said...

you have no idea how much i needed this today. thank you!

Unknown said...

Yes, put them pretty drawers on. I must say I tend to do this in life. I safe the good stuff for later and then later never comes. GREAT post.

Keiranzma said...

Love this outfit! And PREACH! I'm often guilty of saving the pretty panties, much to my wonderful husband's dismay. I'll be breaking them out from here on out!

Mellodee said...

My name is Linda and I approve this message too!!

Do the stuff you want to do as soon as you can manage it, without waiting for anything! Otherwise you will wake up one morning and realize that you are 85 years old and its too late for any of it to matter!

We only go round once, so once you miss a chance, it's gone! A drawer full of pretty panties, never worn, is not much of an epitaph!!!

:)

GFS said...

Yo a$$! Is! Stupid!

I also approve this outfit! Did I come up with this one? I take credit for it...Oh wait I remember, you are supposed to wear this white skirt with a chambray shirt and your glitterati shoes.

Love this!

*now Jamie Foxx's Tshirt and Panties song is playing in my head*

GFS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LJoyner said...

You are so right sis!! Love your style and your blog!! I will be wearing mine tomorrow!

Shea said...

Great post, I find myself in the same situation, lol. Love the skirt and necklace.

Anonymous said...

and let's not forget "put your pretty shoes on"!

those yellow shoes and that black and white are too fabulous!










!

Kris Koffee said...

Wow! Amazing post you have absolutely no idea how this spoke volumes to me. I've been wanting to open up a business and I have all the right ideas and knowledge but I've been putting it off. I found out I was preggers in the beginning of last year when I was all gung ho about jumping right on in it so I said, "I'll wait till after I have the baby" well he's almost 3mths and I've yet been thinking about it but haven't completely stepped out on faith and pursued it whole heartedly! Well thanks to you and the good Lord above who gives me the creativity, knowledge, and the strength through him to do anything, I'm going for it. Thank you so much dear. I truly believe this was written for me to read!

p.s. love your blog and GODS FAVORITE SHOES!
p.s.s. so for the long message just had to share with you. lol

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin